£28,000 – £40,000+ with generous benefits package
Archaeological Research Services Ltd are recruiting for a Geophysics Officer for work on a variety of project work around the UK.
Do you have a deep passion for delivering value and benefit through archaeology? Are you highly organised, efficient and with a high work-rate? This position requires you to be excellent at your job and an effective leader and motivator of a team. You need to be highly disciplined, a good ‘people person’ as well as a highly competent Geophysical and landscape surveyor, report writer and editor. The post is nominally based at Bakewell but could be based elsewhere.
Applications are invited for a professional, highly motivated and capable Geophysics Officer with a strong track record and developed skills sets. You will have experience of Generating, managing and delivery geomatics work including geophysical and topographical surveys. You will have responsibility for undertaking and delivering a wide range of projects where you will be accountable to the Projects Manager. You will oversee the successful initiation and delivery of commercial, research, education and outreach projects and assist in completing fieldwork, reports, archives etc and to undertake project management and administrative duties and to undertake other duties that may arise as required. You will have excellent written English skills and will be responsible for completing work on commercial and research-based archaeological projects. You must also have strong survey, illustrations and IT skills and ideally be competent in the use of CAD/GIS. A good knowledge of British archaeology is essential as well as a track record in reports and ideally publication. You must be able to work as an effective team member who can be relied on to deliver to tight deadlines. We are a high performing company with a professional yet friendly culture with many outstanding performers. We maintain a high commitment to staff development and training and look forward to supporting career development and developing people to be the best they can be.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits:
- Sector-leading commitment to training and career progression
- Member of the Company’s health cash plan which includes a wide range of health services and financial support
- Discounts and rewards on health, fitness and entertainment
- Attractive pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Additional annual leave awarded for long service
- Accommodation provided for away work with subsistence
- Full personal protective equipment and Company branded attire
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees and CSCS card fees
On our careers page you can download, fill in and submit all the required documentation set out below. Then send to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the post with us then please ring us on 01629 814540 and ask for ‘personnel’.
Applicants must complete and send in;
· Covering letter compromising 250 words on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate.
· Our application form including the names and full contact details of two referees
· Equal opportunities form
· Full CV
Geophysics Officer – Job Description
Geophysics Officer – Person Specification